This Policy relates to The Chocolate Tier, incorporating the The Chocolate Tier Agency, This Policy is issued on behalf of the The Chocolate Tier, so when we mention “The Chocolate Tier”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Policy we are referring to the relevant company The Chocolate Tier that is responsible for processing your information. References to “you” and “your” are references to customer or potential customers and users of our website.
The Chocolate Tier, a closed corporation company incorporated in South Africa with company registration number ck2000/060012/23 is responsible for this website.
1) How we collect your personal information
We collect your information at the point you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, signing up for our email newsletter, over the telephone, or in person when you sign up in our stores to receive information from The Chocolate Tier.
We collect your data when:
• When you register for an account or use thechocolatetier.co.za
• When you sign up for information in our stores
• When you contact The Chocolate Tier by telephone or email
• When you book a place at one of our events
• When you enter a prize draw or competition run by The Chocolate Tier
• When you complete a survey from The Chocolate Tier or give us feedback
• When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
• When you visit our website
2) The Data we collect
We are committed to only collecting information about you that is necessary to carry out our business, provide the products or services you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest news from The Chocolate Tier.
It’s your choice if you want to give us your personal information. However, if you decide not to, you may not be able to buy from our website, and you may not receive the optimal customer experience.
3) How we use your Data and why
We like to get to know our customers and provide them with the best possible experience. We use information we collect about you in several ways, including to provide the products and services that you have requested, offering you a personalized experience and informing you about our special events and exciting news, so that we can offer the best possible service. We will also contact you to give you assurance that your delivery is on its way or if we have a query about your delivery.
Under the Popia Act, this allows us to process your data in the following way:
• for the performance of our contract to provide you with products or services you have purchased or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into that contract;
• in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
• for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue; which are (i) to give you the best service/products; (ii) to optimise your customer experience and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience; (iii) to run and administer our business; (iv) to discharge our legal obligations; (v) to prevent and detect fraud; and (vi) to evaluate, develop and improve our products and services.
We will make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Your data is also anonymized and then used to optimize The Chocolate Tier systems and procedures.
We have set out in more detail below the specific purposes for using your information and the legal basis we are relying on to process your information.
4) Sharing Your Information
Except as expressly set out in this Policy we will not sell, personal information to third parties, we will not sell any of your personal data to a third party unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You can opt out of 3rd party data permission for marketing purposes at any time through “Contact Preferences” in your online account or by contacting us at email@example.com
5) Marketing Messages and How To Un-Subscribe
We like to get to know our customers and provide them with the best possible experience. We may use your information to form a view on the products or services we think you would like, or that may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us. More details about the types of marketing communications we might send you are included in Section 3 above.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. Once you do this, we will update profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Note that stopping marketing messages will not prevent us from sending you service communications; so you will still receive order updates and delivery information. Similarly opting out of marketing does not stop us processing your data for analysis and profiling. You can request we stop using your data for processing too but submitting a right to be forgotten request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can unsubscribe in a number of ways.
• If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please email: email@example.com Please ensure you include your full name and address as well as account number if applicable. As catalogues are printed in advance, it may take up to 8 weeks for the process to be complete, for emails it may take up to 4 weeks.
• You can unsubscribe from email and SMS messages, including our newsletters and alerts, at any time by clicking the un-subscribe link that comes within every communication we have sent to you
• The action of unsubscribing from email will also opt you out of any digital marketing custom audience targeting which requires a match via your email address. However, you may still see our promoted social network posts where you fall into audiences we’re targeting from social media’s proprietary data or if you follow. You can choose to manage who you follow and what data your social network uses of yours in each platform.
6) Data security
We are committed to keeping your information safe and we take your online security seriously. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
TERMS OF USING THE CHOCOLATE TIER WEBSITE
By accessing the website at www.thechocolatetier.co.za you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
1. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or graphics) on The Chocolate Tier website for personal, non-commercial viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
• Modify or copy the materials.
• Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial).
• Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Chocolate Tier website.
• Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other
• This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Chocolate Tier at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
2. Use License
• The materials on The Chocolate Tier website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. The Chocolate Tier makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
• Further, The Chocolate Tier does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Chocolate Tier or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Chocolate Tier website, even if The Chocolate Tier or a representative of The Chocolate Tier has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
4. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on The Chocolate Tier website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Chocolate Tier does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The Chocolate Tier may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, The Chocolate Tier does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The Chocolate Tier has not reviewed all the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Chocolate Tier of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
The Chocolate Tier may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
7. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.